AnsweredAssumed Answered

DIGFM: How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love The Blob (4/12/2018; Santa Clara, CA)

Question asked by eric on Apr 4, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 13, 2018 by bigtom

APR

Meetup In-Person Event @ FileMaker, Inc. 5201 Patrick Henry Dr, Santa Clara, CA 95054 Online Event @ at 7pm

Thursday, April 12, 2018
6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m

Santa Clara, California, U.S.A

DIGFM Group

In this talk we will explore translating the FileMaker datastore concepts of tables, records, and layouts into JSON documents and collections. We will review the FileMaker Data API and how it can be used to integrate FileMaker with other technologies. We will identify roadblocks in using the Data API and introduce an open source tool to aid in overcoming these obstacles. Finally this talk will end with building a React web page driven by a FileMaker Application.

400.pngAbout the Speaker: LuiDeLaParra

Born and raised in New York, I was first introduced to software development in high school through the FIRST robotics program. I received degrees in English Education and Philosophy From Stonybrook University. After my formal education I worked for Apple where I found and fell in love with FileMaker. When not knee deep in development you can find me surfing in SoCal or generally rambling about Baja.

RSVP: To introduce yourself to the DIGFM meeting publicly, update your FileMaker Community profile, and then put your Username in the first line of the RSVP Comments.

(Even a 'No' adds you to our mailing list for six months.)

In-Person Event @ FileMaker, Inc. 5201 Patrick Henry Dr, Santa Clara, CA 95054FileMaker Auditorium

5201 Patrick Henry Dr.

Santa Clara, CA 95054

Online Event @ at 7pmJoin DIGFM online at 7pm
https://global.GoToMeeting.com/join/510096773

Discuss DIGFM: Translating Datastores Into JSON (4/12/2018; Santa Clara, CA)

This Community post is in the form of a question, because the reply with the most thoroughly relevant notes is the Correct Answer.

Previous Meeting: DIGFM: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle—Minimizing Code Duplication through Modular Design (3/8/2018; Santa Clara, CA)

DIGFM.fmp12

DIGFM.org

Outcomes