AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating an Estimate - Best way to do it?

Question asked by cassychilds on Apr 4, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 5, 2018 by beverly

I have played with several ideas and learnt a lot about filemaker in the process but I am still a complete novice I'm afraid.

We are a decorating company trying to create a database app that we can also use to create and send estimates and invoices.

I tried to do this using several portals on one 'form' but I just don't feel I'm doing this the most sensible way.

So for example - if the job is interior - I need for the manager to be able to select a room name and then choose all the services applicable in that room (done as below) - then select which woodwork is in the room with numbers (e.g. 2 doors) (not worked this bit out yet - perhaps popover button??). The reason I have used portals is so that several rooms can be selected for each estimate.

I've then created a layout for a customer friendly printable version but how do I then get that to show every room selected? So far I can only get it to show the first room.

I may just be out of my depth here and need someone skilled to take over but I would really like to try to solve this myself!

Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 16.01.44.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-04 at 16.13.09.png

Outcomes