AnsweredAssumed Answered

Conditional DropDowns

Question asked by mersim95 on Apr 5, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 9, 2018 by philmodjunk

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all doing well.

In my solution i have a field where i choose an inspector (Inspection Table) and this field is a dropdown showing the names of the employees that have the position of Inspector, conditional dropdown based on the relationship between a field in Inspection Table that has the same content (Inspector) to match the position at the Employees table.

But know, since we are working for small companies the problem is that an employee can have more than one position.

until now the relationship is attached with photo, where Inspector_F_List content is always "Inspector" to match with position and show the names of the employees dropdown in the photo attached 2, where you can see i have two inspector employees.

But now, since we are working for small companies the problem is that an employee can have more than one position.

For Example, John is a Salesperson (position), but he can also be an Inspector or a QA/QC from a position2 and position3 field.

So how can i show his name in the dropdown along with other employee names who already have Inspector Position ?

Is there a way filemaker does this, or any trick ?

Regards

Mersim

Outcomes