AnsweredAssumed Answered

Parse array of JSON objects into value list?

Question asked by jfencil on Apr 5, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 7, 2018 by fmpdude

Hello everyone!

I am working with an API and it returns the following JSON array below. (Dummy data)

This is after a user searches for a location name and the API returns any name close to the users search.

I would like to pull data from the value pair "name" contained within any returned response and parse it into a value list or dropdown list for users to select from. Any suggestions or tips? I appreciate any help I can get!

Should I start here?

JSON list values of an array

{"result":[{"country":"USA","parent":"","city":"cityname","u_location_type":"MAIN","latitude":"","u_managing_parent":"","sys_updated_on":"2017-06-26 16:46:07","u_pshcm_location_code":"A89","sys_id":"000000","sys_updated_by":"data","stock_room":"data","street":"501 Street Address","sys_created_on":"2017-06-26 16:46:07","contact":"","phone_territory":"","u_location_status":"Active","company":{"link":"linkhere","value":"data"},"lat_long_error":"","state":"KY","u_operational_end_date":"","sys_created_by":"data","longitude":"","zip":"","u_location_id":"data","sys_mod_count":"0","u_business_unit_number":"","u_operational_start_date":"","u_operating_unit_number":"","sys_tags":"","time_zone":"","full_name":"Company Name Here","fax_phone":"","phone":"","u_reit_parent":"","name":"Company Name","u_dfs":"false"},

[{"country":"USA","parent":"","city":"cityname","u_location_type":"MAIN","latitude":"","u_managing_parent":"","sys_updated_on":"2017-06-26 16:46:07","u_pshcm_location_code":"A89","sys_id":"000000","sys_updated_by":"data","stock_room":"data","street":"502 Street Address","sys_created_on":"2017-06-26 16:46:07","contact":"","phone_territory":"","u_location_status":"Active","company":{"link":"linkhere","value":"data"},"lat_long_error":"","state":"KY","u_operational_end_date":"","sys_created_by":"data","longitude":"","zip":"","u_location_id":"data","sys_mod_count":"0","u_business_unit_number":"","u_operational_start_date":"","u_operating_unit_number":"","sys_tags":"","time_zone":"","full_name":"Company Name Here2","fax_phone":"","phone":"","u_reit_parent":"","name":"Company Name2","u_dfs":"false"},

Outcomes