AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filemaker Go 15 not Showing Host Files

Question asked by FM_DM on Apr 11, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 9, 2018 by FM_DM

I know this is a problem many people have had but I can't make head nor tail of it.

We have recently upgraded our computer systems to a cloud server - along with this we have upgraded from filemaker 11 to filemaker 16 Server and filemaker pro 16.

In an effort to make ourselves mobile we have bought an Ipad Mini with the aim of using filemaker GO to access databases on the go.

I have downloaded the Filemaker go 15 app and connected to the office wifi . When trying to open the local hosts our server does not show up in the list. I have attempted to add the host using the ip address and server name shown on the Status page of the admin console but no files are displayed.

All databases are currently shared with a number of computers in the office so sharing is definatley turned on for pro and go.

I have enquired with our IT to see if the correct ports are open but in the meantime I was wondering if the fact that we are using a cloud server causing some issue? and if so what is our solution? Or is there an easy fix I havent looked at?

Outcomes