I am pretty new to all of this, and I am flipping out a wee bit about my database.
Yesterday, a checkbox started glitching, which is to say, whether I selected it or deselected it, it retained the value as if it had been checked. I deleted the field, added it again, and had it perform the same script. It worked fine.
Today, it counted the same attorney twice - and listened his name twice - but only on one client record. On other client records, the same attorney, assigned in the same manner, was counted once and appeared once. I spent 90 minutes trying to figure that out before just deleting the client and re-adding him, which fixed the problem.
As soon as that problem was fixed, one particular layout started acting possessed. If you click a button, it says the script has been deleted, then performs the script perfectly. If I change to layout mode, it gives me the same script warning (there are NO active triggers on the layout). If I click the Manage Database button, I get the script warning again.
The script where I first noticed the problem is not calling any sub-scripts. It's simply setting fields.
It has the same reaction now when I click another button on the same layout and perform a different (but equally simple and straightforward) script.
I went through the recovery process, and it said it found zero problems. There are clearly problems. I can re-build the layout, but I don't know what I did to cause this, and I'm kind of freaked. My go-live date is May 3. The problem checkbox from yesterday was on a different layout.