AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need to find a simple way to identify companies without contacts

Question asked by sfishman@ou.edu on Apr 14, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 16, 2018 by beverly

I have a situation where I work with companies who over the years all of their contacts have left, resulting in some cases leaving me with NO contacts. In other words, I have situations where I used to have many contacts for each company, and now over time, I have none. 

For each contact, I have a field that identifies (no/yes = 0/1) on whether each person is a contact in the company. I have a simple spreadsheet layout that lists each contact, their company, and whether they are still there. I am now realizing that when I am filtering by just the 'yes' for those that are contacts, I am omitting entire companies that have all 'no's.  I need a simple way to identify those companies that do not have any contacts so I can know who I need to reach out to and find a new contact.  I need something simple, because I am dealing with 1000s of contacts, and I cannot individually go through them, and for legal reason, cannot miss any company.

I was thinking that a simple condition field situation might work, for example, making all the fields for all the contacts red if they belong to a company who have all contacts that say no.  But, I am not sure how to script it.  Or, if this even the correct approach.  I am running FM 12 PRO.

Outcomes