AnsweredAssumed Answered

Script: Mac vs iPad

Question asked by lourensjoubert on Apr 13, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 16, 2018 by lourensjoubert

Hi FileMaker Gurus,

Do I need to make special allowances for a script to work on an iPad in the same way as it does on my Mac?

The below script works as I want it to on my Mac, but not on the iPad. Following the advice of older posts on this forum, I’ve tried quitting the application on the iPad, even restarting the iPad (in case some of the earlier trial/error scripts are lingering), but the different behaviour persists.

The set-up

As part of our Job management solution, I have these two related tables; the relationship between the two works as expected.

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 13.00.50.png

From the Job Jacket layout…

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 11.59.34.png

…the user can create a new time slip record on a new layout…

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 11.59.51.png

that moves the user’s focus to the time slip, freeing the Job Jacket for others to access…

Buttons/scripts allow the user to switch between these two custom-named windows (without having to commit the time slip).

As I said, all works as expected on the Mac…

But on the iPad, the script creates a new layout with a new Job Jacket record with a time slip layout (dog’s breakfast really).

Here's the script

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 13.07.04.png

Is there something wrong with my script (other than the many notes — they are there to explain to me what I'm scripting)?

Or is my entire approach wrong?

PS

For those member who've helped out yesterday and may be familiar with this solution — I've moved away from capturing the time slips from within the Job Jacket, as I've come to realise that only one person can then work on a job at at time.

Outcomes