AnsweredAssumed Answered

Restaurant Sales and Labour Tracking

Question asked by gilbthomas on Apr 17, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 17, 2018 by TKnTexas55

Hello,

I opened a new restaurant recently and I'm looking to use filemaker to track and report on sales and labour. I'm currently looking to develop a baseline database that, if/when I need/want I can develop further. I have already set up the sales tracking side of it using summaries to give me monthly and fiscal period reports. What I would like to add is a labour tracking and reporting aspect. I currently use excel to input daily labour and compile it over two week periods. Excel then gives me a bi-weekly report of total hours which I can send to our accountant. What I would like to be able to do is input all our daily information (sales and labour) into one database which would compile everything and give me reports on sales and labour. This would allow me to keep all the information in one place and would allow me to integrate labour numbers into my sales reporting. I currently have a database that includes all my sales info and anotehr database for employee records. What I would like to do is integrate the two and find a way to link it so I can input employees and hours on a daily basis and FMP will give me amounts owing based on the hourly rates in their employee profiles. I also need it to give me labour reports based on fiscal period. Most of this I think, given some time, I can figure out, but I figured I'd throw this out there to see if anyone has advice.

Outcomes