AnsweredAssumed Answered

Printing issue: big blue border at end of record

Question asked by ampersand on Apr 17, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 18, 2018 by ampersand

Hello:

I'm using FMP12 and have a question about printing.

I built a database using one of the basic built-in templates (I forget what it’s called, but it’s blue/gray/white) and added my own custom fields. Then I made a print layout so I can print individual records. Everything has worked great for years except that when I print (or save a record as a pdf), there is a huge blue border beneath the last field of the record. So if, let’s say, the last field of a record (“Updated Date”) appears on the top line of page 3, then the rest of page 3 will be blue. This wastes a lot of ink when printing.

The rest of the record prints black and white. In my print layout, the bottom edge of the layout is immediately below the last field of the record, i.e., there is no blank space at the end of the layout. Throughout the print layout I use sliding and resizing, which keeps the contents of my records compact when printed.

Does anyone know a way to fix this? Or, if it is an unfixable bug in FMP12, does anyone know if more recent versions of the software do not have this problem?

Many thanks!

Outcomes