AnsweredAssumed Answered

Portal & Relationships question

Question asked by jamiebd on Apr 20, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 20, 2018 by tcwaters

Hoping someone can help me figure out how do do a layout that can show found values from selected records.

I have a table for a competition with 7 fields. The first field is for the match number and the remaining 6 for the teams starting positions. The teams starting positions can change from match to match.

What I want to do is to view a single match and display the 6 starting positions. And the directly below each of the 6 position fields, show what other matches that team is competing in.

For example:

MatchP1
P2P3P4P5P6
Match 2Team ATeam BTeam CTeam DTeam FTeam G
Match 2Match 2Match 2Match 2Match 2Match 2
Match 10Match 12Match 6Match 14Match 10Match 6
Match 59Match 15Match 18Match 45Match 11Match 14

I assume that I would have to use a Portal for this, which I've tried. I've set up a relationships from the Position 1 Field to the Position 1, 2, 3 , 4, 5 & 6 Fields, and created a portal that's tied to that relationship and display's the match Number. When the relationship is tied to all 6 of the Position Fields, nothing show up in the portal. If I change the Relationship to be just a One to One relationship. i.e., P1 to P3, The Portal does show me which matches the team in displayed in the Main Form has also has.

So, to display what I want, I'd have to create 6 Portals for each of the 6 Starting Positions. Which seems kinda clunky. And also, I'd like to be able to see all of the matches in order, by match number, regardless of which starting position they are in.

I'm assuming there's a more elegant solution to this and hoping someone can help me out.

Thanks for the time.

Jamie

Outcomes