AnsweredAssumed Answered

FM iOS SDK Open Remote 802 Error - SSL Required?

Question asked by mattkingcode on Apr 24, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 25, 2018 by bigtom

I recently started working with the FM iOS SDK (version 16.0.4) and am trying to use a launcher file to run the Open Remote script step to access a file hosted on FileMaker Server (version 15).

When building the app in Xcode (version 9.2) and running the script, I am prompted with the dialog "FileMaker Go cannot verify the identity of <<Server's IP>>. Do you want to connect to this host?"

Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 2.07.40 PM.png

When selecting the option to connect, the app crashes with Xcode giving the following error:

"libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

(lldb)"

After digging around the discussions here, I found some similar questions:

Open File Returns 802 with iOS App SDK

CONTACTING LOCAL iOS SDK FILE TO HOSTED FILE ERROR 802

FileMaker Go 16 Open File returns error 3 but file on server opens..

I tried adding the Set Error Capture [On] step to my launcher script, and this prevented the app from crashing (also prevented the dialog from appearing); however, after a brief spinning wheel, the file did not open. After adding a step to pause for 10 seconds and then show a dialog to output Get ( LastError ), it indeed returned an 802.

From what I've been able to gather, possible causes for this error may include an invalid SSL certificate, or some other permissions problem. The file I am trying to open is set to allow full access to the guest account, all extended privileges are enabled, and I'm not restricting access to the file. The server itself is not using SSL at all.

Is the problem the lack of a secure connection to begin with? Would setting up SSL possibly fix this problem?

For what it's worth, I have been able to successfully open the file through FM Go and FMP (both version 15) - the connectivity issue seems to occur exclusively when building the app through Xcode. I am also running a CWP solution from the server, and have not run into any issues related to lack of SSL.

Any insight would be very much appreciated! Thank you.

Outcomes