Despite working with FileMaker for many years, I have to admit I find certificate management for server a bit of a pain. Renewal happens infrequently enough that I forget the nuances of certificate management and the variation between versions. Hence my question of those much more expert at server management....
I have a FileMaker 16 server with a certificate that expires next month which I have just renewed with the certificate provider.
- I downloaded the existing Certificate Request using the Admin Console to generate a new certificate
- I attempted to use this CSR o generate a new certificate
- My certificate provider displayed a warning recommending I generate a new Request for best security
I have 2 questions
- Is it a significant security issue to reuse the previous CSR?
- Can I safely generate a new CSR from the Admin Console without affecting the current certificate installation
Hopefully these are easy questions for the server gurus to answer