AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help with Autofill Fields.

Question asked by captaincripps on May 3, 2018
Latest reply on May 8, 2018 by captaincripps

I'm looking for some help with Autofill Fields. I have inherited the Company Database and been asked to make some changes and implement new features in order to increase efficiency and to provide easier organisation. One of these things is how we handle projects.

A sale at our organisation is a 2 step process, there is an enquiry, and once a PO is placed it becomes a project. The database previously had enquiries but not projects as this was done on a manual electronic filing system, which was long and inefficient.

When a project is created there are several items of data that can be transferred across. These being the Customer, Supplier (Principle), Product and Project Owner. The first three are pulled into Enquiries from other tables. Please see the image below as an example.

Enquiries Key Fields.png

Enquiry AutoFill Reference.png

These fields do not auto enter, as the results are selected from drop down menus, which pull the data from these other relevant tables.

These fields also exist within the projects section.

Projects Target Fields.png

Projects AutoFill Reference.png

The tables are related through 'Projects::KF_Enquiries_ID" = "Enquiries::KP_Enquiries_ID", and the field to select in order to create this link is the ID Field. As the link is there I was under the impression that the files should auto enter when set to, yet they will not populate. If anyone has any ideas could they please let me know or point me in the right direction? Many thanks. (Please note I have covered all irrelevant fields for confidentiality reasons)

Projects:Enquiries Relationship Reference.png

Outcomes