We upgraded from FM11 to FM16 about 6 months ago. Since then, Filemaker runs extremely slow and unstable on two of our Windows workstations (Win 10 and Win 8.1, FM Pro advanced 220.127.116.113). With FM11, they both ran very fast and reliably. I'm not refering to DB performance, but usability while programming. A few examples:
* Adding a new line in a script takes a few seconds, typing is very, very delayed
* Auto-Completion in 'specify calculation' dialogs takes up to 10 seconds and often crashes FM
* Clicking on the script editor window eventually hides it behind the window thats behind it.
* Opening the relationships tab in 'Manage database' takes 25 to 30secs. But once its loaded, its runs smooth.
* In Script debugger, the flow control buttons (like e.g. next step) eventually refuse to work, ie they will be ignored.
We mostly work on hosted DBs (FM Server 16, Win Server 2012). Overall performance is good. No other workstations in our network of 25 clients show the same behavior (neither Win nor Mac). The affected workstations also run very smooth in general. The Win 10 workstation is a virtual machine.
The DB thats affected the most is rather big (about 160 tables and 1000 relationships). Small, local DBs perform ok. It seems like the more complex the DB, the worse the performance. Opening hosted DB's locally, doesn't improve the situation, not even a bit.
What could possibly cause these lags? I'm thankful for any hint.
Regards, Jürg from Zürich