AnsweredAssumed Answered

Marking an image or a PDF

Question asked by cekroos on May 6, 2018
Latest reply on May 6, 2018 by bigtom

Hi,

I am new to Filemaker and am starting to build an app with Filemaker 16 Pro Advanced.

I am involved with a small non-profit clinic that helps victims of assault. I am creating exam documentation. All I need to do is include some body images so that nurses can put markers (even just text numbers or letters) down on the image and then enter information corresponding to that marker into a field off the image. I don't care how the images need to be presented in the container, either a PDF or image file is fine.

I have searched the forums and am not having any luck. Even a simple PDF can include a text grid over an image where users can type in a number (and corresponding information can be written in a field off of the image). Is it really true that there is no way to accomplish this goal in Filemaker?

I have looked at GoDraw, and while I understand that it might accomplish the goal, $500/year is a very high expense for a 3rd party app for a single function. It makes Filemaker itself look inexpensive and being a small non-profit there is no money to throw around. I also saw a reference in the Filemaker Roadmap saying PDF annotation was "Under Consideration", but I'm not sure how recent that is or what i can hope for.

Can anyone help? A solution doesn't have to be pretty, I just need something that works.

Thanks in advance for any effort!

Outcomes