I am quite astonished that I spent 6 hours today in vain to retrieve a gzipped pdf document that a client API is sending me. Fiddler can see the document, but FMP does not. So I am wondering if:
- Somebody was ever successful at downloading a gzipped pdf document with FMP16 native tools.
- Let's assume I would be able to get the encoded document into the container field I am using with Insert from URL, what would be the next step to decode it.
- I appear to be a common thing for Linux machine and other languages but I am starting to doubt that FileMaker 16 is able to handle such transfer. I would be very happy if somebody could show me how it's done.
- How can Fiddler see the document and after 6 hours I was not able to intercept it into my container field.
- What option or header could tell FMP16 to grab the incoming bytes like any other data.
- In summary, I successfully built a between the API and FMP16 that can do the following
- Encoded Authentication by supplying Application name, username, password
- Retrieval of encoded Session Token
- Multiple transmissions using the Session Token to accomplish several tasks either to grab API data or on the contrary to provide data to the API. I am even able to stream to the API any document like pdf or docx of several megabytes with text and photos and the API is able to Base64decode the stream and generate a document identical to the original.
- So what is different with gzip? What is the header (in other work the switch) that tells FMP16 to grab the stream coming back, because it's coming, I am certain, but it is going into the C:\Users\Thierry\AppData\Local\Temp folder.
Thank you in advance for your comments