AnsweredAssumed Answered

Runtime FMPA 16 -Email- SSL Error

Question asked by georgedrohan on May 7, 2018
Latest reply on May 7, 2018 by monkeybreadsoftware

Hello,

I'm having trouble sending an SMTP Email using Filemaker Pro Advance 16 as a RunTime.  I receive "There was an Error with SSL" error message.  The Script works fine while in Filemaker, but crashes when I try to run the APP as a Runtime.  As a Runtime it will error on the computer that has Filemaker Installed, and the same message happens testing it on different machines.  I've tested it on a Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 and a Windows 8.1 Machine. I've also changed the Connection Encryption from SSL and TLS and while it will run successful with both encyrptions within Filemaker Pro, it will not run as a Runtime. I'm sending it as GMAIL to "smtp.gmail.com". I have not tried to send it to "Yahoo" (not sure what other options there are).  I've  updated the .Net structure, and the Visual  C++ files on all testing computers.

I've read  several "workarounds", such as additional add on modules that will work (MBS), or possibility using Outlook, and possibility of using "Mailto" but that is not really an answer.

Am I missing something or does it not just work?

Thanks

George

Outcomes