amesclev

Drop down menu isn't auto-filling and data is erased when I change records...

Discussion created by amesclev on May 8, 2018
Latest reply on May 11, 2018 by philmodjunk

I work at a University and I have a database that holds information about student workers and professional staff that work on various events throughout campus.

In one layout, there are two portals: one that shows values from one table and one that shows values from another. In each portal there are four drop-down menus: full name, phones number, email, and role.

The top portal (Lead Staff) works just fine. When I click on the drop-down menu and select a name, the corresponding email, phone number, and role auto-populates in the other three fields.

The bottom portal (Other Staff) is a different story. When I click on the drop down menu, it shows the correct value lists (for all four fields). However, when I click on a name, it does not auto populate the other three fields. In fact, I have to go to each of those fields and make them a drop down menu so I can find the corresponding information that relates to the name I've chosen.

Furthermore, when I change records and come back to the original one I was working on, the fields under Other Staff have been erased. I have no idea why the information I've clicked on won't stay in the fields. Also, the portal will not let me add more than three lines even though I've set it up to have 20.

I did not create this database so I'm finding it difficult to figure out how to solve this problem. I've attached some screenshots for a visual to help explain my situation. Any suggestions?

Outcomes