AnsweredAssumed Answered

Portal Field Not Fetching Correct Data From Related Table

Question asked by K.Feete on May 11, 2018
Latest reply on May 11, 2018 by Jaymo

I have a series of tables set up that look like this:

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 11.21.40 AM.png

I created a layout on the Base Item Types table: no problem. I created a portal on the layout showing all the items of that base type: no problem. I created a portal on the layout showing all inventory movement log records for all items of that base type: no problem.

I stuck a field on the inventory movement log portal displaying the lot number for the item, and... no go. It displays the same lot number for all records, regardless of what ID number is in the ID_Item field. Go to the movement log itself, everything is fine. It's only on the portal it's refusing to "double back" and fetch the data associated with the Item ID recorded in the movement log.

These were all using the basic relationships shown here. I've tried every table occurrence and relationship I can think of, but nothing's working. I realize I could probably just add a calculation/lookup field to the movement log that would fetch the correct lot number, but it really feels like an inelegant solution and that I'm missing something super basic here. Am I?

Outcomes