fmpdude

HTTPSPOST Takes a VERY long time for Some Requests

Discussion created by fmpdude on May 15, 2018

I have a simple HTTPS Request that runs almost instantly from FMP when running locally (that is, not from FMS' FMP Sharing). That FMP application sends an INSERT FROM URL to the server passing file data that's both encoded and base64 extracted.

The test file in question is about 20 bytes (one line of text in a simple txt file).

But, when running that exact same FMP application from FMS, the Request never actually makes it to the REST service that processes it and dragging a file into the container just hangs.  Somehow, the Request is seemingly hung up in the shared FMP application in FMS itself and it's unclear why or where, but the REST service never sees it.  A similar Request (without the URLEncoding and other you see below) works fine, quickly even.

The basic call is this (which works perfectly when run outside of FMS):

"httpspost://<domain_name>:<secure_port_number>/endpoint/method/" &"?container_data=" & GetAsURLEncoded(Base64Encode ( acontainer::testcontainer ))

I realize this is just a simple URL, but FMP is sending it so there's something odd going on.

So, if I set a break point in the service that gets this Request, it never actually breaks on that breakpoint. (But, when running locally from FMP outside of FMS, the service responds immediately.)

I recently re-installed FMS so is there some special configuration item or setting I need to check that could be causing this issue?

A similar, nearly identical Request, works fine with FMS using FMP sharing -- if there's no UrlEncoding or Base64 methods.

Thanks in advance,

Outcomes