Updated file management plug-in is compatible with FileMaker 17 and adds new functionality.
Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, May 15, 2018–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi File Plug-in 10.0 for FileMaker 17.
What is Troi File Plug-in?
Troi File Plug-in is a very powerful tool for getting access to information outside the FileMaker database. Any files or folders stored on the computer can be accessed through the functions of the plug-in. All from within FileMaker you can:
- get data from files that are on the disk of the computer into FileMaker
- create files anywhere on the hard disk and put data from FileMaker fields into them
- manipulate files and folders on the disk: this includes creating, deleting, copying, moving and modifying files and folders
- get the size on disk, creation and modification dates and much more
- launch and reveal files directly from FileMaker
- manage your images and movies, including reading and writing metadata
What is new in version 10.0?
Troi File Plug-in 10.0 has the following new functionality:
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker 17.
- Added new Exchange Files script step and TrFile_ExchangeFiles function, which can (quickly) exchange two files on disk. You can even exchange files on different disks (but this may take more time).
- Added new TrFile_GetCodeSignInfo function, which returns code sign info of signed files (like applications and plug-ins).
- Added new TrFile_GetFileStructure function, which returns the structure of a movie (.mov) file: a list of all movie boxes (formerly known as atoms) in the movie. The movie boxes are indented to visualize the tree structure of the boxes. The result can be formatted as XML or as a more readable list of movie boxes. It can also return the structure of a ISOBMFF (ISO base media file format), for example MP4 or HEIC.
In Troi File Plug-in 10.0 we also added the following:
- Added new switch "-AllowDifferentVolumes" to the TrFile_MoveFile function, which allows the move of the file between different volumes (disks).
- The plug-in now indicates if an external script step is compatible with a product. The step is shown in grey if it is incompatible for that product (for example for iOS) in the script editing pane (center) and the script steps pane (right).
- Added new switch "-AddFolderSuffix" to the TrFile_ListFolder function: this will add a trailing slash to folders in the result, making them recognizable as folders.
- Improved the TrFile_DragAndDrop function and the Add DragAndDrop Handler script step so that they work with FileMaker 17. Also added a new switch to the TrFile_DragAndDrop function to help with the scrolling behavior when you use a drop zone for the drag destination. When you add the switch the position of the dropzone will scroll too when scrolling the FileMaker window. This option is also added to the script step "Add DragAndDrop Handler".
Furthermore we improved metadata support in version 10.0:
- The TrFile_SetMetaData function with the switch "-SetEXIF" is now compliant with EXIF v2.3.1. It writes numerous tags introduced in EXIF version 2.3.1. Apart from these we added more tags to be written, including tags which are not part of the EXIF specification, but may exist in the EXIF data in some images. We also rewrote the code for this function, so that the plug-in now writes EXIF data that is better readable by PHP.
- (macOS) Added initial support for HEIC (High Efficiency Image File Format) image files: the TrFile_GetMetaData function with the switch "-GetImageDescription" now returns a description.
Apart from these additions we made various further improvements and changes. More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi File Plug-in 10.0 can be found at https://www.troi.com/products/fileplugin/
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi File Plug-in 10.0 is available for downloading at https://www.troi.com/products/fileplugin/
Licenses cost US $ 99 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
Version 10.0 needs a new registration. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi File Plug-in on or after May 9, 2017. Eligible users will be sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours after May 19, 2018.
Upgrades from licenses bought before May 9, 2017, are available from US $ 59 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.