fmpdude

FileMaker Server 16 Takes a VERY Long time to complete INSERT FROM URL Request

Discussion created by fmpdude on May 15, 2018
Latest reply on May 15, 2018 by TSGal

FileMaker (and Server) version 16.

TSGalJ, other support staff:

I have a simple HTTPS Request that runs almost instantly from FMP when running outside of FMS. That FMP application sends an INSERT FROM URL to a REST service with file data that's both URL-and base64 encoded. (The test file in question is about 20 bytes (one line of text in a simple txt file).

But, when running that exact same FMP application from FMS, the Request takes minutes (not a second or two as when running FMP locally).  A similar Request (without the URLEncoding and other you see below) works fine, quickly even using FMS.

The basic call is this (which works perfectly when run outside of FMS):

"httpspost://<domain_name>:<secure_port_number>/endpoint/method/" &"?container_data=" & GetAsURLEncoded(Base64Encode ( acontainer::testcontainer ))

I realize this is just a simple URL, but FMP is sending it so there's something odd going on.

I recently re-installed FMS so is there some special configuration item or setting I need to check that could be causing this issue?   (FMS 16 has a valid SSL certificate installed)

A similar, nearly identical Request, works fine with FMS using FMP sharing -- if there's no UrlEncoding or Base64 methods.

There seems to be an issue sending GetAsUrlEncoded(Base64Encode)) data to the REST service via FMS.

Outcomes