AnsweredAssumed Answered

WebDirect not working properly - FMS17 Windows Server 2012/16

Question asked by skywillmott on May 16, 2018
Latest reply on May 18, 2018 by skywillmott

I'm having problems accessing WebDirect when using FMS17 on Windows Server 2012 or 2016, both when using Amazon AWS EC2 instances and on Azure VMs.

What happens is that I get the WebDirect launch pages and can click a file to get the sign in prompt, and then it signs in ok, and then most times I only occasionally see the first layout for a brief moment and then all goes blank white..., dead. I see no errors reported in the FMS logs, though the connections and disconnections are recorded as normal in the access log.

It happens with Chrome and Safari on Mac as well as Chrome and Internet Explorer on Windows when trying to access WebDirect.

In Safari on mac, I can see the following error in the Web Inspector:

WebSocket connection to 'ws://myserver.mydomain.net/fmi/webd/PUSH?v-uiId=1&v-csrfToken=a2924f10-89f3-4926-9052-e3edf4d9693d&X-Atmosphere-tracking-id=0&X-Atmosphere-Framework=2.2.13.vaadin5-javascript&X-Atmosphere-Transport=websocket&X-Atmosphere-TrackMessageSize=true&Content-Type=application/json;%20charset=UTF-8&X-atmo-protocol=true' failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: 'Connection' header is missing

... and also this warning:

Websocket closed, reason: Connection was closed abnormally (that is, with no close frame being sent). - wasClean: false

One thing that does work however, is accessing WebDirect using a browser on the same machine FMS is installed on.

The VMs I have tried on Azure as well as Amazon AWS are configured in the same way (firewall settings etc) as ones I've successfully used with FMS16.

At this point I am unable to use FMS17 for WebDirect, unless using a Mac server which seems to work fine.

Anybody else having similar problems or any suggestions?

Outcomes