AnsweredAssumed Answered

Fuzzy text on new Windows 10 laptops

Question asked by pm125 on May 17, 2018
Latest reply on May 18, 2018 by jormond

I manage a database I created years ago to be used on Macs and PCs. I chose the font (Arial), size of text and buttons, etc., so that it would all look fine on PCs (desktops and laptops) running Windows XP. Now five users' MacBook Airs were replaced with new Dell laptops running Windows 10. Everything looks fuzzy: text, window edges, etc. in all apps and in the OS. One of the solutions suggested by Google (changing the display from 125% to 100%) makes the problem better, but the the text in the layouts in my database becomes too small to read. Switching to Windows was necessary because of Windows-only software that these users now need to use.

Questions:

- Is there a way to make FM layouts on Windows-10-on-a-laptop less fuzzy?

- If this methods requires administrator access, can you provide me with step-by-step instructions? I will need to pass these on to the person who has admin access to these laptops

- I tried zooming in (in Filemaker's the View menu) but the layout then does not fit. Is there a way to tell Filemaker to zoom in smaller increments?

- I hope I don't have to create new layouts just for these users. If I do:

- can I tell Filemaker to check the OS at the time of file opening and choose layouts based on whether the OS is Mac or Windows?

- Is there a font that is most resistant to being rendered fuzzy by Windows 10?

Pietro

Outcomes