AnsweredAssumed Answered

Developer FM Pro Advanced 17 - License separately or not?

Question asked by amsc on May 17, 2018
Latest reply on May 17, 2018 by amsc

I decided to post this separately from the very large (and growing) FM 17 license post.  My question seems quite specific and not geared at licensing in general:

When we moved to FM 16 (cloud), we decided to go with the annual licensing model of FMPA because of the apparent annual version releases.  With FMPA now being part of the overall FM licensing package, it appears that we could use one of the bundled FMPA seats for development.  But, that raises some questions, especially since I’m on FM Cloud which hasn’t been upgraded to 1.17 yet.

1) We have a production server and development server (FM Cloud for production and a windows based FMS running under the FM Development subscription).  If I use one of the bundled FMPA licenses, will I be able to use it with both servers?

2) Does the FM Development subscription now offer FMPA as part of it?  If so, can I use that license with FMPA to access the FM Cloud system?  If so, will it use one of the user licenses on FM Cloud?

3) If we decide to go the route of a separate FMPA license, it would make sense to me that it would not use one of the user licenses.  Is that true?

I’d like to be able to use the FM development server‘s license for FMPA,  but don’t know if that’s an option. I’m in a bit of a pickle because of timing.  Our FMPA license expires next week; I’m not sure if FM Cloud will be upgraded by then.  Any one have an idea on when 1.17 will be released?  Indications appear that it won’t be long.

Alex

Outcomes