AnsweredAssumed Answered

Help with Record Filter System

Question asked by captaincripps on May 17, 2018

Currently on the database I am working on, I have been given the task to add in list filters on 4 of our list layouts. 3 of them require a filter by customer, supplier and status feature, and the 4th requires filter by status, supplier and days left.

I have some text fields which use drop downs for each of the required filters. I need to write a script which will run a find based on what is selected in these drop downs. Currently here is what I have:

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 15.52.46.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 15.54.04.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 15.54.10.png

I would like to replace the code you see in the progress find to then run a filter by the criteria specified in the "Progress Filter" field, and then replicate this in the other filters, so it will take what is in these fields and match it with the records in the desired find field.

An extension to this is the days find on the tickets, please see below:

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 15.52.58.png

The purpose of this would be to filter out support tickets within these ranges, so each ticket has an estimated days left field, which is a calculation field that automatically updates on the basis "date required - get(current date)". These change every day, and if the ticket is overdue it goes into negative numbers. The filter would be to see which tickets are overdue, which are close to due date, which are mid way to due date, and which are quite far off. The plan would be for this filter to work the same as the above, but rather than using the individual exact match of the field like in the above (as they are set values), we are looking to filter out ranges. Many thanks.

- Cripps

Outcomes