I have some users complaining that our Sales application is slow while working remote.
WS2012R2 - 32GB RAM - FMS16
Central Sales Database that users connect to, which then branches out to 6 additional databases.
I am currently trying to improve performance by implementing below:
1. All databases are located on same server, therefore changed external databases from fmnet: to file: connection.
2. Reduced sorting / filtering on portals where possible
3. Currently in progress of changing more scripts to utilize psos.
4. Reduce amount of unstored calculations.
For reducing UN-stored calculations, what is the best practice?
Should I be converting the calculation field to a number field then use scripts to update the values? Should this be done with psos? what do you think?
5. Currently I don't have many schedule scripts on the server. Mainly just customer and equipment updates from our DMS.
Is there something else i could be using it for to increase performance?
That is roughly where i am at right now. Is there anything else I can do to help speed up client side?
any help is apprecitated