AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker Server 15 email attachment

Question asked by upinfo on May 18, 2018
Latest reply on May 18, 2018 by upinfo

I know there's been a lot of discussion on this topic, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around this question:

"Can FileMaker Server 15 attach a PDF to an outgoing email when running a server side script?"

Yes, I'm yet another FMS newbie trying to figure out why my script won't attach a PDF to an outgoing email, when the exact same script works from the FSM Client, both on a remote computer or when running from the client on the actual Server.

I've tried switching from SMTP to Email Client. I've tried adjusting my variable for the "$path" to include either GET ( TemporaryPath ) or GET (DocumentsPath) or even hardcoding "C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Data\Documents" as the directory to ensure FMS has access to the file.

In any of the above cases, the PDF is being generated correctly, but during the email portion of the script, it's just not attaching the PDF.   I've also added a PAUSE command to ensure the PDF has completely been written before attempting the email portion.

Is this something anyone can answer?  Or am I just stuck with "FMS 15 won't do it... you'll need to upgrade to FMS 17" or "You'll need a plug-in"?

Thanks in advance for any insight.  Cheers!

Outcomes