If you do not have advanced tools option enabled, then run a script from script workspace with command+shift+R FileMaker will crash.
Not sure if this is unique to me, the DB, or the script.
Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue. This is what I have done.
1. I went into FileMaker Preferences and unchecked "Use advanced tools".
2. I rebooted FileMaker Pro 17 Advanced.
3. I opened a database file.
4. I opened the Script Workspace and selected a script with a Pause step.
5. I pressed command-R to run the script.
6. The script ran to the Pause, I pressed Continue, and the script completed.
Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can reproduce the crash.
Do "Command+Shift+R" (even though it is not a valid menu shortcut).
steps to reproduce:
1) disable advanced tools in FMP17 and relaunch (if they are not disabled already)
2) open script Workspace
3) select a script and press Command+Shift+R
4) FileMaker crashes immediately.
I am still unable to replicate the crash. Pressing Command-Shift-R has no effect. Nothing occurs.
Do you have a plug-in installed/enabled?
Did you make any changes to System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts -> App Shortcuts -> FileMaker?
I have BBox V0.88 installed, and I have added the "Command+Shift+Enter" shortcut to constrain found set in the menu.
I've only tested on Databases hosted on FMPS 16 if that makes any difference.
I am still unable to reproduce the issue.
1. I opened System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts -> App Shortcuts -> FileMaker Pro Advanced
... and set Command-Shift-R to Constrain Found Set
2. I relaunched FileMaker Pro 17 Advanced, opened a local file, opened the Script Workspace, and pressed Command-Shift-R. The Script Debugger is invoked with the script.
3. I closed the file, and opened a file hosted on FileMaker Server 16. I opened the Script Workspace and pressed Command-Shift-R. Again, the Script Debugger was invoked.
If you disable Box V0.88, does the crash occur?
Does the crash occur with a local file?
My apologies. I forgot to turn off Advanced Tools. Once I did that, I was able to reproduce the crash; both with a local file and a hosted file. I have sent the information to our Development and Testing departments for review. When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.
Our Development and Testing departments are already aware of this issue, as it was reported by another customer (not on the Community). Your post has now been attached to the original report. When more information becomes available, I will post again.
Retrieving data ...