AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker 17 Install Admin Console won't work

Question asked by taylorsharpe on May 19, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 21, 2018 by Andy Hibbs

I've done several FMS 17 installs without problems, but ran into one today giving me trouble.  It is a Mac Mini (mid 2011, 2 GHz i7, 16 Gigs RAM) with OS X 10.13.4 (ran latest updates).  We have installed the first version of 17 on it and the install seems to go fine.  When we get to the end, it asks us to deploy the Admin Console, but it never comes up.  We've restarted it several times.  We've uninstalled it and reinstalled it. 

From the local Server using Safari 11.1 and when we go to: https://localhost:16000/     it returns:

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Additionally, a 502 Bad Gateway error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Trying from other browsers returns the same or nothing at all, especially if trying to connect from a remote computer. 

The files that are not Encrypted at Rest start serving.  But we need to get into the Admin Console to install the SSL certificate and provide the EAR passwords.  It is only the admin console that doesn't seem to work. 

I've written a FM Console Admin tool and tried to connect with it and it has the same problems.  Sometimes it can connect and get a token, but nothing works after that. 

Any suggestions?

Outcomes