DrewTenenholz

FAX to the Future

Discussion created by DrewTenenholz on May 24, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 5, 2018 by jormond

All --

I'm looking for information on the current state of technology for integrating FAXing with FIleMaker (let's assume 16 for now).  This is in the heatlhcare settings, which still uses a LOT of FAXes to send/receive medical records.  Without arguing the utility of this work flow, I'd like to know if anyone is currently using FAXing and how they get there.

I'm primarily a Mac developer, but this is going to be done in a Windows context, so there may be tools available that I'm unfamiliar with.  For years, this solution has been using Mac tools like 4-Sight Fax (now on antquated hardware and legacy Mac OS), and the are going to be moving into more or less current equipment.

In the past, we did do an integration with electronic FAXing (sFax), and the real deal breaker was cost.  These people send hundreds of pages a week, and the costs associated with eFAX were prohibitive.

I'm seeing two options right now:

1) Roll you own with Windows 10/Windows 2016 Server.  Is FAXing built-in to PCs?  How does one Send & RECEIVE?

2) RC2FM (https://www.rc2fm.com/) which seems to use FileMaker's URL Scheme to connect to RingCentral's telephony APIs and has created all the tools send/receive tools I'd need (plus dialing, SMS, and a bunch of other features).  This would seem to be as platform independent as FileMaker.

If you have experience with any of the above or use something else, I'd like to hear about it.

THanks,

Drew Tenenholz

Outcomes