There must be an elegant solution to following problem, I hope:
- What if a user looks at a Webviewer while using Webdirect (in layout FLOW);
- Objects in the chart represent Activities (records in Filemaker's Activity tabel);
- The user click's on an activity in the webviewer;
- React sends a Callback to FMP with two parameters (ID_activity and ID_session) and a script (17 API) "catch trigger"
- The script reads the parameters, finds the session record and updates the Activity ID.
So far so good... this works like a charm... but..
Now I need the user to automatically leave the chart and go to a Result layout;
Where (because we have set the Activity ID) he/she should see the related Activity data.
This last step... switching layout's does not seem to be so obvious.
I have tried it with the OnRecordLoad solution to delete a session record and have a script triggered.. that solution works but is WAY to SLOW. I'm realy looking for a new way to go.
I have the option to set a field and have OBJECTS show or hide based on the boolean. This does the trick but because it's webdirect I believe I should refrain from using to many layered objects with portals and more data.
I hoped other field script triggers would help me out or the new FM 17 API would help me out but I have not found a nice solution yet... anybody?