FMCostaRica

FileMaker formatter, pretty print, format Calculation

Discussion created by FMCostaRica on May 28, 2018
Latest reply on May 28, 2018 by emil64

I read a while back someone asking for a way to pretty print a calculation in FileMaker, I got a hold of this Mac OS Service somewhere in the inter-webs and it has helped me a lot to keep my calculations looking good and easy to read, for a quick demo or an online alternative to this please visit: Aptworks Consulting: Tools

All credits go to the creators of this App/Service, in the documents I could find this names:

Debi Fuchs from aptworks.com

Donovan Chandler from beezwax.net

The license given with the software if I understand it well allows me to redistribute it and make changes to it witch I have done, but I also have included the original one in case you prefer one formatting style over the other to change from one to the other just go inside the FileMaker/ Format Calc.service.app and go to the folder Contents/Resources and rename tidy.pl to something like tidyAlt.pl and also rename tidyOG.pl to tidy.pl then test and see what you like better or just leave it as is if you don't want to mess with it.

Works with all versions of FileMaker, but if you want to use it with FileMaker 7 and below just go inside the FileMaker/ Format Calc.service.app and go to the folder Contents/Resources and rename tidy.pl to something like tidyNew.pl and also rename tidyOLD.pl to tidy.pl

____ Description ____

This is a service that allows you to format, or pretty print, your FileMaker calculation

from right within any calculation dialog.

____ How to Use ____

Simply select your calculation text, right-click on the text, then select the "FileMaker: Format Calc" option.

____ Installation ____

Drag the "FileMaker/ Format Calc" file into this directory: ~/Library/Services

Attachments

Outcomes