AnsweredAssumed Answered

How Do I Create A Rooming List

Question asked by jquin on May 29, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 7, 2018 by beverly

I'm struggling to know where to start with this.  I wasn't even able to formulate an appropriate question to search previous queries.

The travel business receives bookings from customers for a range of tours.  At present, these bookings are handled manually.  The customers specify the types of rooms they want - double, twin or single.  The staff manually compile a rooming list on the basis of the chosen room types.  Some rooms are easy to allocate because couples choose either a double room or a twin room.  Some single travellers pay for single rooms.  However, other single travellers will be allocated to share twin rooms.

I have developed a Passenger Details table which records the details of passengers against the tours they have booked on.  This includes the information on the preferred room type.  This will replace the current process of manual booking forms. 

I want to develop a Rooming List layout which will be automatically populated based on the information on the Passenger Details table.  My original thought was to assign unique numbers to each room on the Rooming List layout - 2 for each double room, 2 for each twin room and 1 for each single room - and then assign these numbers to the customers on the Passenger Details table.  But I'm not sure if this is the most effective approach.

Has anyone tried anything similar?

Thank you for your help.

Outcomes