AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filemaker Sever Appending Mulitple PDFs but no page numbering? really?

Question asked by simoncpage on May 31, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 11, 2018 by rgordon

So I have about 3 layouts of list views that I have combined/appended together with some single page layouts in between to create a report.

I have got over the first hurdle of not being able to refresh a webviewer for "save as PDF", where it just comes out blank and no refreshing or pausing is ever going to fix that. It is mainly maps I wanted to show and so by using static google maps as insert URL this solves for this - but I can't seem to work out how to get it to add page numbers apart from if I run as client. The client works well where I have a unstored calc which is basically a $$ variable + get(pagenumber). Then I just vary the variable $$ as I go along appending the PDFs. This works fine where I can use foundcount and workout the number of pages on fixed list views. The part when this falls over is when there are sliding text fields and unless I somehow count the number of lines I can't work out how many pages (however I have got round that easily by pushing that to the end of the report and therefore as long as I get the $$ right to start the page numbers all work out).

I have found another solution if you just have one layout and want to get the total page count: FileMaker Server 16 Save to PDF - Get (PageNumber) Not Working but this doesn't really work for my needs where I am appending?

Can anyone suggest a workaround for this? I would be amazed if there is a solution for this but I suspect it is a long over due oversight by Filemaker?

Thanks

Simon

Outcomes