Latest reply on Jun 12, 2018 by TSGal

Product and version

FileMaker Go_iPad 17.0.2.200

OS and version

iOS 11.4

Hardware

iPad 6th generation 2018

Description

There is a noticeable flash on card windows after you interact with a container field to view the content or use the camera to capture a bar code into a text field. The exit animation performance suffers and triggers an abrupt flash on the card window as it closes. I was experiencing this earlier, and finally figured out it was my interaction with the View option available on container fields and this also happened when I used the camera to scan bar codes.

How to replicate

Please see the attached files for examples and instructions. Basically, tap the container field and select View, then Done—do this 2 times. Afterwards navigate to another layout using the Menu button. Make sure the layout is a different one than the current one. Navigating to the same layout you are on via the Menu button and card window does not trigger the flash, only moving to a different one does. For the second scenario tap the Scan bar code button and then tap Cancel. Navigate to another layout as before to see the issue reoccur. The flash is quite noticeable and distracting. Something may be affecting the performance of the card window animation after these events are triggered.

Note that other similar events involving the camera or other native FileMaker Go menus may also trigger this recurring flash, but I have not tested them all.

Workaround (if any)

None that I have found, except avoiding these interactions.

Outcomes