AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to further set google oauth account for Filemaker 17 database login?

Question asked by tracyau2018 on Jun 4, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 5, 2018 by tracyau2018

Hi all, I encountered several issues for using Google OAuth 2.0 to access FM 17 database with Gmail account, which need to seek help here for further advice.

1. I have set External Authentication config in FM 17 server, but after that I tried to login the FM db via google, it shows error page:

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 1.08.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 1.09.09 PM.png

I tried to add the URI to google oauth id credential setting but failed since it requires to be with .com / .org

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 1.11.15 PM.png

What can I do to solve this issue? as I have tried to change my server name to be with .com but also not work.

Or any further config setting need to turn on/off in FM server console?

2. I have clicked "Open Launch Center" in FM 17 Server console, but the page shows the message: The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 1.16.36 PM.png

What settings do I need to handle for making it works?

3. Besides, I tried to turn on the "Master Machine" in FM 17 Server console, but it automatically turn off right after I turned it on, please advice why does it happened? and does it have any relation for external authentication?

Outcomes