Announcing the Release of 360Deploy 2 for FileMaker Data Migration Ease and Automation
360Works is proud to announce the release of 360Deploy 2! 360Deploy is an easy-to-use developer tool that automates development changes from a development environment to the production server. With the click of a button, it handles all tedious data migration tasks.
How 360Deploy works:
- Clones the development database
- Transfers clone to the production server
- Imports the data from the production database and into the clone to absorb the new architecture *For large databases, it supports a scheduling feature to run imports overnight.
- Backs up the production solution in archived folders prior to import should clients wish to revert back to the old version
- Renames the deployed file
- Resumes the deployed file
360Deploy 2 leverages the new FileMaker Data Migration Tool, making the import super fast! Vertical Market solution developers will especially benefit from 360Deploy 2, as it allows for simultaneous remote deployment to multiple servers. Developers with shrink-wrapped software can do a simultaneous version update to multiple client servers around the world...all with a single click.
Once you press the 'deploy' button in 360Deploy, there is nothing left to do. It sends the new version to FileMaker Server (or multiple servers), and then runs in the background on each server, so you are free to continue working, take a break, or head home for the night, knowing that the new version will be safely deployed to users on each server by the time you get back. You'll receive an email when the process is complete. Skip the hassle of fumbling with files on the server and stick to the 'one-button click' of 360Deploy for dev changes!
Powerful features in 360Deploy 2:
- Simultaneous remote deployment to multiple servers
- Migrate data to new database versions using the fast, new FileMaker Data Migration Tool
- Import automation - automatically takes data from one FileMaker file and places into the structure of another file
- Scheduling feature lets you run the deployment unattended during off-hours
- Automated notifications when deployment is complete
- Work on your test server and easily deploy new changes to your production server
We have put together a comparison chart to display the difference between the traditional development method of manually importing data, using the new FileMaker Data Migration Tool, or using 360Deploy 2:
360Deploy 2 requires FileMaker Pro or Advanced 16, and production databases must be hosted on FileMaker Server 14 or later.
After downloading 360Deploy on your server and configuring settings with the simple 360Deploy Setup utility, 360Deploy will deploy the development file changes to your users with the click of one button.
360Deploy 2 is available immediately for purchase from 360deploy.com. Pricing starts at $195, which includes deployment with a single FileMaker solution (this can be a multi-file solution) and a single production server. It allows updated file versions for one solution to be deployed to one live / production server. There is a free demo license available which can deploy to any number of servers for testing and evaluation purposes.
Located in metro Atlanta, 360Works, a FileMaker Platinum Business Alliance member, has been providing development solutions for 22 years. The company is a leading developer of both shrink-wrapped and custom database solutions for clients such as NASA, Pixar, US Marines, Make-A-Wish foundation and others. The company is credited for its forward-thinking solutions, dedication and unparalleled client service.
Stay updated with 360Works