AnsweredAssumed Answered

Ideas for OnLayoutEnter Trigger delay?

Question asked by JaredHague on Jun 7, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 11, 2018 by JaredHague

I have some layouts that I always keep sorted.  I use OnLayoutEnter trigger to do the sort and other things.  Sometimes I want to script going to the layout and performing a find then sorting.  Obviously sorting the first time isn't necessary in this case and can be a problem for larger sorts because it will do it twice.  I know I can just do the common thing of disable script triggers with a global var.  That has never really felt like a good solution to me though.  What I would actually love is the trigger to delay until the other scripts are not active.  So as soon as it his a pause script or when it exits etc. That way I don't need to repeat code or have additional steps at the end of my script to tell it to manually run the trigger script.

A delay triggers script step would be something I should maybe put in the ideas page.  Anyway I was wondering if anyone has come up with a clever solution to this. Right now I am considering doing my find on a raw layout then switching to the intended layout so the trigger isn't fired until then.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Outcomes