AnsweredAssumed Answered

Webdirect URL Question

Question asked by dsghs on Jun 8, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 21, 2018 by James Parker

I have a few users that login to the same database file, but each user has a different startup script (they go to their own URL on the server which redirects them to the database and launches a startup script through URL. That works great EXCEPT for when they refresh the browser or bookmark the first page. Refreshing takes them to the database login with no custom startup script and bookmarking the first page just bookmarks the default webdirect URL for this database which also forwards them to the generic login page with no startup script.

So I guess my question is... is there a way to detect which startup script they use when they first launch webdirect to keep the custom startup script launching if they refresh/bookmark and prevent them from going to the generic database login? How persistent are global variables?

To illustrate (I am using my own user login table):

- User 1 types in www.fm.com/company1/ and the index file in that folder on the webserver forwards him to webdirect database file 1 and launches startup script 1

- User 2 types in www.fm.com/company2/ and the index file in that folder on the webserver forwards him to webdirect database file 1 and launches startup script 2

etc.

Now, if User 1 refreshes or bookmarks the page after loading, he just loads webdirect database 1 default login without the custom script.

Thoughts?

Outcomes