AnsweredAssumed Answered

Spinning Wheel on Import and when Deleting Records

Question asked by ezellkendrick on Jun 17, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 18, 2018 by ezellkendrick

I need help with this to determine if it is the script or the table that must rebuilt or some other issue. The rebuilding of the table being the biggest nightmare.

I have a script written to Import a .csv file but prior to that I insert the File thru a variable, so it can be reimported later on in the script to update existing records. When the following script step is initiated Else If [ $$Type = "Decoder" ], Insert File [ $$File ], the import proceeds, and the import Dialog and progress bar appear, and then the spinning wheel starts and doesn't stop, it then must be forced to quit. Script section example is as follows:

If [ $$Type = "File" ]

Insert File [ $$File ]

[ Storage method: Reference ]

[ Display icon ]

[ Compression: Never compress ]

Import Records [ Source: “$$File” ]

Else If [ $$Type = "List" ]

Import Records

Else If [ $$Type = "Decoder" ]

Insert File [ $$File ]

[ Storage method: Reference ]

[ Display icon ]

[ Compression: Never compress ]

Import Records [ Source: “$$File” ; Mac Roman ]

End If

If [ Get ( LastError ) >0 ]

Exit Script [ ]

End If

If I eliminate the Insert File [ $$File ] step, and write it as Else If [ $$Type = "Decoder" ] ; Import Records the import occurs; however when the script gets to the delete records section, based on "find" criteria, the spinning wheel appears after a few records have been deleted, and then it must be forced to quit.

The question of whether it is the Table or the script is when the Else If [ $$Type = "Decoder" ] step is initiated but it is assigned to a different "Target Table" and the import proceeds and completes.

These scenarios occurred on the original database and a recovered copy that had no errors.

If the table must be rebuilt the big concern is getting the 6 million + records into the new table efficiently and quickly.

Please advise!

Outcomes