I recently started developing a FileMaker chess desktop app, mainly for myself, and I was wondering if others might like to try it.
I have attached the latest version, and I uploaded some screenshots to my Dropbox account.
Some notes about the unlocked app:
- Launching FM Chess results in a new game, so you are ready to play right away.
- I developed FM Chess on a Mac (in FMP 14), but I have no idea how it looks on Windows (I suspect that FM substitutes Monaco with another monospaced font, like Courier New).
- It is currently not designed for true multi-player use. You can certainly play with someone sitting at your computer or via screen sharing, but not via "Open Remote".
- If you select a piece to move (yellow highlight), but change your mind, click the same square to undo, or simply select another piece.
- You can do fancy-schmancy moves like castling and en passant.
- Click on either player name to change the names.
- There is no official end to a game. I test for check, not checkmate.
The game engine seems to work pretty well, but please feel free to point out any issues.