AnsweredAssumed Answered

Corruption with data migration tool

Question asked by philipHPG on Jun 20, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 27, 2018 by philipHPG

We have been using the Data Migration Tool to facilitate our development processes (migrating production data into the development clone).

However, we've had a few situations where the data migration tool causes corruption in the database - in the migrated database, one of the tables seems to have lost its data and is completely filled with question marks. The table still has the same number of records as the table in the production database, but every field simply shows a question mark - no actual data. I can open layouts based on that table in the production database (and the development database) and the records are correctly displayed, however when it migrates data from the production database backup to the development database clone, it results in a table that is filled with question marks.

Once when this happened, I reviewed the data migration tool log and noticed there was an evaluation error with one of the fields in that table. I resolved that problem and the data migration began working correctly again. Several weeks later, now, and that problem is occurring again, however this time the log is not showing any issues with that table.

Has anyone else had similar issues with the data migration tool where it is losing all field data?

Any ideas on what I can do to resolve this?

Outcomes