jfletch

Color Palette Functionality Impaired

Discussion created by jfletch on Jun 21, 2018

The color palette changed when I moved from El Capitan to High Sierra (both fm 16 and 17). That means that it might just be an OS issue, but I wanted to bring this up in case FM has anything to do with it.

I used to make heavy use of the color palette to store an array of colors for reuse for various projects and purposes. Since the same palette is used across all projects I would mentally assign sections for mini palettes for each project or functions. So when I hit "Other Colors" on the initial palette I would get this at the bottom:

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 4.38.46 PM.png

Since moving to High Sierra with a new computer, I am not able to get the full two-dimensional grid that I had before:

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 9.26.56 PM.png

I know, that since it is new installs of FMP, I have to add all the colors back in. But when I do it will not let me assign a color to a specific square; it just fills in the next available square. Also, it shows two rows and they go on forever to the right if I stretch the window out. I don't have my neat little grid that I had before. Does anyone know of a way to get the former behavior back?

Outcomes