AnsweredAssumed Answered

Login issues after aserver move

Question asked by MartinBridges on Jun 22, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 22, 2018 by Karen

Morning

I've moved a file from one virtual server to another (FMS v14 shared hosting). I have no problems opening it after entering the new host's address and Us & Ps. I have no issues loging in as various members of staff.

My client (a school with very tight network security etc) had no problems accessing the old file. They have no problem accessing the new file's address via WebDirect. However they can't access the database on the new host.

When they enter the new host address in FM software. They don't get any login dialogue box appear. If they manually enter the file's name in 'show only these files'. Then double click on it, the error message "The file "databaseName.fmp12" could not be opened. Either the host is not available, or the file in not available on that host."

I'm assuming it's something to do with credential Manager on their PCs. Or their internal network/PC security setup. Individual staff used this for the login for old host's address. However when they went to clear Credential Manager they found no reference to the 'saved' FM logins.

They have also tried using shift-click to force a login dialogue box to appear but nothing appears.

Any suggestions

regards

Martin

Outcomes