AnsweredAssumed Answered

Slow record creation mystery

Question asked by Vincent_L on Jun 22, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 5, 2018 by LaRetta_1

Hi,

I've a table were it's very slow to create records (In standalone local also same thing if on LAN server).

To create 250 records with 2 populated fields (main keys) it take 1 min 30 seconds.

To create those records : blank form view, freeze window, new record + 2 set field in a loop (250 iteration).

So I deleted all calc fields, and auto enter ones (except creation . modification time)

I deleted all relationships attached to that blank layout TO

I even deleted all the external data source

No script triggers, nor ontimer scripts

Still same slowness !

Of course I have other TOs of that base table, but they aren't attached to the Blank layout used for creation. So I can't see why they would be triggered during record creation sinces there's no linked TOs, no calc field, no auto enter fields.

So to me it should be impossible that one of the others relationship would trigger.

Yet, if I delete all the remaining TOs base on the same table (but the one of the bman layout), then it's speedy (like 1-2 seconds. But to me they should be triggered at all, theres nothing to evaluate them (single user, no other window opened)

here's an excerp of the graph, the singled-out TO is the one of the record creation layout.

Capture d’écran 2018-06-22 à 23.59.39.png

any clue ? is that a bug ?

Outcomes