- Entries from paper surveys are going to be entered into filemaker into a table "Data Entry".
- There are up to 140 fields/entries per survey.
- About 15% of the surveys are going to be double-entered into a duplicate table of "Data Entry", called "Data Entry 2". They'll be matched by the survey ID.
- I'm trying to figure out a process that will inform me if Data Entry::Field# ≠ Data Entry 2::Field# without having to manually go in and write the formula for each field. The closest I came but to no success was this: If ( GetField ( "Data Entry::"& _FieldName ) = GetField ( "Data Entry 2::"& _FieldName); "Valid"; "Error").
- Any other suggestions would be helpful. It doesn't haven't to be this approach.
- Ultimately, a reviewer would be able to see a report or list of just the discrepancies between a survey that had been double-entered and then key in what the correct value should be in a unique field.
I found this resource that was not helpful even though the title describes the problem accurately:
Thank you in advance.