AnsweredAssumed Answered

HelloSign API - How to Return a Fixed Coordinate

Question asked by danjaeggi on Jun 25, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 25, 2018 by jerrysalem

I'm trying to figure out a way to integrate an existing FileMaker database with HelloSign via their API and I’m having difficulty determining the coordinates of an object relative to the top of the layout. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience doing this and could chime in with some suggestions.

HelloSign is a web-based, legally binding way to sign documents. The idea is that you send the coordinates (x, y, page num) of a signature field to the HelloSign API and they add the signature field at those coordinates to your PDF before sending it out to your client.

Getting the x coordinate and the page number is easy enough, but because of the dynamic nature of this layout, I’m having difficulty determining the y coordinate. I’ve experimented with GetLayoutObjectAttribute(), but this function seems to return coordinates relative to the top of the window, not the layout.

The document that needs to be signed is a PDF generated in FileMaker based on a list view layout with these parts:

• Title Header - Fixed height
  • Body - Set to slide up depending on the amount of text
  • Sub-Summary - Set to slide up depending on the amount of text
  • Trailing Grand Summary - Fixed height
  • Footer - Fixed Height

One (less desirable) option is to create a second layout with a fixed height for the signature portion of the document and append it to the rest of the document. I’d like to avoid that approach if possible.

Anyone have any ideas on how to do this? Thanks in advance,

DJ

Outcomes