AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error 404

Question asked by user30198 on Jul 1, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 1, 2018 by bigtom

Hi All - I added an SSL Certificate today my server today, working well.

The problem I have is I want to learn the DATA API and I am having issues, I am using Getting Started with REST and cURL using FileMaker 16’s Data API – beezwax > blog example file which appears gets the block of text back as a result as per the attached image "dataapi_notworking_ssl"

<html><head><title>FileMaker Server Administration Console - Error</title><style><!--H1 {font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#BEBEBE;font-size:22px;}H2 {font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#BEBEBE;font-size:16px;}H3 {font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#BEBEBE;font-size:14px;font-weight:bold;}H4 {font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:bold;}BODY {font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;}P {font-family:Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color : #BEBEBE;}--></style> </head><body><h1>HTTP Status 404 - </h1><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><h4>FileMaker Server has encountered an error:<br/>The requested resource is not available.<br/><br/></h4><h4>If the <a href="/"> Server Launch Page</a> is not available, visit the <a href="http://www.filemaker.com">FileMaker Website</a> for more assistance.</h4><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><h3>FileMaker Server</h3></body></html>

I presume this is not functioning correctly as I cannot reach the "/fmi/rest/apidoc" page either

Does anyone have an idea on what causes this?

The result is the same regardless if I try locally on the server or from my desktop.

FMS 17 on Server 2012

The Data API is enabled, 0KB transferred.

Reboots, Restarts and a Reinstall have not helped.

Web publishing is enabled.

I can access Web Direct and enter the sample file no problem.

There are no api logs to be downloaded.

This link Webdirect 404 almost helped, but "I managed to fix without a re-install by editing the server deployment to disable all web publishing" does not help or advise what I assume are configuration files that I should look at.

Outcomes